- Just Sayin’: The Chicago Blackhawks are 10-0-2 . 36 games to go and it’s on to the Stanley Cup. It’s looking good! I just hate the fact that I’m in Texas and won’t be able to see a game until the 17th.
- From Comedy Central: A Top Gun Style Trailer for today: Drones. Watch below:
- The three most buzzed about Super Bowl commercials: Taco Bell’s gross Viva Young, Big Daddy’s gross Bar Refaeli’s Big Kiss, and two H & M’s Underwear ad with David Beckham and his body double.
- James Franco is just getting straightly weird, while his younger bent brother David has been churning out some hilarious videos for Funny or Die! See HORSE, his latest, with DeAndre Jordan HERE.
- A Kickstarter project that makes E-Book publishing simple and creative. Read about “The People’s E-Book” HERE.
- I feel our pain: The Onion reports that America is still depressed about the death of Jack Klugman. Quincy is investigating. Oscar is fuming.
- My new website feature: top ten most popular posts is puzzling. Why is “The Misfits” number one? Is it the face makeup? That and Dylan Yeandle gives me a good picture of my demographics and I’m assuming my readers want more gaudy makeup or more skin and dance.
- NMA animates the news that Chris Brown faked his community service. Probably not the only thing he fakes. See it HERE.
- A little inspiration: The first world vision of America’s High Speed Rail system. Post Lincoln, Post Eisenhower. Time to catch up to the rest of the globe lest we become third world. See it HERE.
- The Buzz: A new short film by German student Kaleb Lochowski titled R’ha. See it on Vimeo HERE.
- Rex Reed doesn’t strike me as thin but does strike me as a jerk for picking on Plainfield, Illinois actress Melissa McCarthy‘s weight. He’s past his prime, irrelevant, and needs to be put out to pasture.
Liner Notes: The Epic & The Beasts from Sebastian Linda on Vimeo. When we were kids we never dreamt of being a firemen, a pilot or superhero. We always wanted to be skateboarders, jumping up curbs, down the stairs and filp our boards as many times as we could. This has not changed until today. TOM KLEINSCHMIDT – RICHARD NAUMERTAT – ERIK GROß OCTAVIO TRINDADE – DAVID RADERECHT – SEBASTIAN LINDA (more…)
While browsing one of my favorite websites, Vimeo, I came across this very interesting student initiated video aimed at eliminating homophobia. These are students at Western University in London, Ontario. Check out the video and the project explanation below:
Get REAL Presents: To My Grade 7 Self from Chris Studer on Vimeo.
Get REAL is a university student-driven initiative aimed at eliminating homophobia in creative and dynamic ways. It is open to any and all who wish to stand up and speak out against discrimination. We started in February of 2011 with the aim of running workshops in junior high and high schools, led by university students; this remains our long-term goal. We currently run awareness and advocacy campaigns at Western, as well as wider-reaching initiatives, like this video. Please share. If you want to find out more, how to get involved, or even how to bring Get REAL to your university campus, visit us here:
Concept and Direction: Chris Studer
Editing: Chris Studer, Robert Camastra, Daniel Worndl
Filming: Mitchell Sturm
While all those involved with the video are Western students, Get REAL is purely student-run, and not affiliated with the University Students’ Council. We hope to expand to other university campus’ in the near future.